Thursday, February 21, 2013

When in doubt "veganize" it!

So I have read several books that discuss gradually taking the steps to "veganize" your home and life. However, I am not the type of person to let something linger on when I just need to take care of it. It bugs me! Having to see the enormous leather sofa I purchased this fall staring me in the face everyday is too much. It is beautiful and a soft butter color, but when I think of what it is made of it turns my stomach. Dead animal skins, gross! I put an ad on the internet and am hopefully in the process of selling it. We've barely used it or I would just give it away, or burn it. Hubby said burning it in the yard is not an option at this point. Well..... it is an option but I really don't want to explain it to the fire department.

Slowly, and I say that with a grin, we are taking the steps to introduce animal friendly products into our home as we replace furniture, clothing, house hold supplies etc. We would go bankrupt trying to do ALL of it today! I can't believe I am going to quote my grandma when she says "slowly but surely" it will get done. Glad she isn't internet savvy to see me quoting her and admitting that she's right!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips